Tla’amin singers and drummers reopen theatre October 1, 2021
To cultivate film as a cultural, educational, and economic driver in qathet Regional District, Powell River, Tla’amin Nation, and Shíshálh Nation.
A thriving film community in qathet Regional District, Powell River, Tla’amin Nation, and Shíshálh Nation.
- Deliver programming that enriches and engages our audience in critical dialogue
- Support local filmmakers, filmmaking, and emerging talent
- Preserve, restore, and maintain the Historic Patricia Theatre
- Prioritize anti-racism, inclusivity and equity in our programming and organization
- Engage with Tla’amin, Klahoose and Shíshálh Nations in the ongoing process of decolonization and reconciliation
Our core values reflect our mandate, mission and vision.
- Cinema as a community experience
- Excellence in our programming
- Inclusivity and diversity in our programming and overall organization
- The fostering of, and engagement with, local and national talent, and Canadian and Indigenous cinema
- Reaching, inspiring, and educating new audiences and filmmakers
- The qathet film society is responsible for operating in compliance with the Motion Picture Act and Consumer Protection BC.
- To attend a qathet international film festival screening (which may not have been classified by Consumer Protection BC), you must be a qathet film society member.
- Membership is by annual subscription and is limited to persons who are 18 years of age or over.
- Only members are permitted to be present at the place where a non-classified film is being exhibited.